Problems After Char Create Screen

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
orange
just visiting

Post by orange »

with winsock your programs can handdle some ports to comunicate thru TCP/ip protocol with other machines.

wich ver of windows do u have?

maybe your problem is some closed port or u dont have winsock, i can't talk more about that cuz i dont know much about sockets or how to open or close ports :(.

btw: u have a recompiled ver of HGServer.exe??, this happend when u recomplile the source code of HGserver.

u could try to get another HGserver.exe from other site or i can send u mine.
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

ummmm.... ok.... i think i'm in way over my head. if i try to make a closed/offline server using 127.0....... i can get to the char creation screen. but if i replace the 127.0...... with my ip it screws up. i'm really confused and have no idea what i'm doing.

i think it may have something to do with the fact that i'm on a LAN network and behind a router(?).

i'm done for tonight and probably won't have much time during the week to work on this. when charlie gets on have him take a loook at all this and see if he can make heads or tails out of it.

as to what version of windows i'm running: WinXP Professional

Otherwise if u would send me that HGserver.exe

cambo483@msn.com
"When did i realize i was god? One day when i was praying i realized i was talking to myself!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>The Fool says: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is just another way of saying "Scatter your money and attention". <br><br>The Wise Man sayeth: "Put all your eggs in one basket and <span style='color:red'>-WATCH THAT BASKET-</span>!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>I put the laughter back in slaughter!
charlie
Outpost4lyfe

Post by charlie »

Image <-- notice how the gate server is using the ip 192.168.1.101? set all your ips in your config files to that your setting your server to connect to another ip which is yours but the server dont know that.. hope you understand just set all your ips as 192.168.1.101 and see if that works
Girlfriends are dedicated hookers.
noob

Post by Newbie »

This is fucking pissing me off...charlie please help me...im having same problem as all of those guys....and what the fuck is winsock? :unsure: :blink:
noob

Post by Newbie »

that stupid thing wont work help charlie!
charlie
Outpost4lyfe

Post by charlie »

its written by koreans what do you expect..?

i have 4 computers and only 1 executes the server files right just paste your config files and ill see what i can do
Girlfriends are dedicated hookers.
noob

Post by Newbie »

its the same as the screen shot above of that guys except my IP offcourse...Yah so check it out n help me TY man
bigbl
Regular

Post by bigbl »

umm, looking at ur hgserver, seems that ur ip is wrong
everytime u log in, check ur ip.. that is if it aint dynamic
noob

Post by Newbie »

checked it everything there is fine lol
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

Thx everyone for EVERYTHING.
Charlie that did it! the gate server ip worked.
i don't know if that was my router ip (my guess is i was putting my comp ip but i needed my router one)
THX everyone.... Orange, bigbl, newbie and charlie.

i'll try in maybe a day or so to see if it works from a remote pc, and if it doesn't i'll come back and give u the lodown on it.

i will make regular stops to ythis board to try to help some other people or get new info etc....

THX EVERYONE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEE WHOOOOOOOOIIIEEEE (pronounced: we who e)
"When did i realize i was god? One day when i was praying i realized i was talking to myself!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>The Fool says: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is just another way of saying "Scatter your money and attention". <br><br>The Wise Man sayeth: "Put all your eggs in one basket and <span style='color:red'>-WATCH THAT BASKET-</span>!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>I put the laughter back in slaughter!
Headroller
noob

Post by Headroller »

orange wrote: U have to run the servers in that order:

MainLServer (home key)
WorldLServer (home key)
GateServer
HGServer
Actually its

Gate
Main
World
HG

run all of them first then press mains home then press worlds home dont press home as soon as u start them
[F]atality
just visiting

Post by [F]atality »

i dont no if this is right but i always though u had to do it in this order Gate server , main L, World L then HG server :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Death isnt important.<br>Just a minor Inconvenience
[F]atality
just visiting

Post by [F]atality »

oops didnt see head rollers one nvm me then :lol:
Death isnt important.<br>Just a minor Inconvenience