Why do you get a black screen?(NEWBIE HERE)

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
snake
just visiting

Post by snake »

Why do I get the black screen when I add in new maps such as abaddon I mean I hex the right stuff into the client I set up the 2.20 so itd accept the new map tiles but I still get the black screen I also made the gserver accept it and hexed the serevr exe but it seems too stil get the black screen some say its a mapdata problem but could it have too do with server version and the fact that I am running 2.20.
GrAnNy

Post by GrAnNy »

2.24++ maps need to be launched with a 2.24++ client... ;)
WHO EVER ADDS ME TO MSN ASK FIRST BY PM HERE OR OTHERWISE I WILL BLOCK YOU BRUTALLY!!!
snake
just visiting

Post by snake »

Abaddon is a 2.24 map I thought it was a map for 2.95 or 3.0 hmmmmm
milky

Post by milky »

tested on 2.24 launched on 2.95, thats wut i know, maybe is wrong
<b><span style='color:orange'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>here im suposed to write something, right? well fuck off</span></span></b>
snake
just visiting

Post by snake »

Well do you guys think their is a way too hex in all the new stuff if you think theirs a way I might spend a few hours today trying other wise if not theirs no point.........
GrAnNy

Post by GrAnNy »

yes there is a way, a hexing way.... so practically what you finally achieve by doing all this is get modified 2.20 files to 2.95 or smth ;)
WHO EVER ADDS ME TO MSN ASK FIRST BY PM HERE OR OTHERWISE I WILL BLOCK YOU BRUTALLY!!!
snake
just visiting

Post by snake »

LOL but if you just change the server number from 2.20 2.95 it wont make no difference I know a bit about C++ Visual and its not too hard too know that you need to edit it too make verything accept the new maps and new tile files etc
GrAnNy

Post by GrAnNy »

snake wrote: LOL but if you just change the server number from 2.20 2.95 it wont make no difference I know a bit about C++ Visual and its not too hard too know that you need to edit it too make verything accept the new maps and new tile files etc
yea i know that you can just change the number, but my point was when your adding all the new maps, new items, new monsters etc it'll be like 2.95. ;)
FaMoUs
Loyal fan

Post by FaMoUs »

extasis ppl said thats how they did it (i think) so go ahead and try lol
wtf? i dont wanna kill myself :( leave my sig alone!
snake
just visiting

Post by snake »

Yes.....I am just trying too decide if I will get a ERROR in code name:server or something like that because then it just wasted my time I am asking it is POSSIBLE I think it is.
GrAnNy

Post by GrAnNy »

thats exactly how they did it.... ;)
snake
just visiting

Post by snake »

Well if I do do this I am gonna have too rewrite the whole code program and server side and since I am a nice person if it WORKS not saying it is I will post up a few geocities sites too download it at to end all this non sharing crap with ppl.....
GrAnNy

Post by GrAnNy »

snake wrote: Well if I do do this I am gonna have too rewrite the whole code program and server side and since I am a nice person if it WORKS not saying it is I will post up a few geocities sites too download it at to end all this non sharing crap with ppl.....
exactly my thought :rolleyes:
MeNiA

Post by MeNiA »

where extasis said how they did it??
Jukkis
noob

Post by Jukkis »

Tell me how can you add new stuff to .exes, because they will be corrupted if the file size isnt the same..