Solution To .PAK's not showing up in game

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

ok i was going through Newbie's (or CWCKunal's) Judgement site when i read a place that gave me an idea.

i know charlie that you had said before that the Hero Armor not showing up was a messed up GameServer, and you may be right but this is just a thought.

what if the reason that the .pak's don't show up even when you have them is that the Client doesn't recognize them going with that item.

i may be stating the obvious here, or saying something that has already been said 100000 times but it's just a brainstorm....

to fix this the only thing i can think of is either:

A. Rewriting the whole HB 2.191 Client, or
B. Cracking and making stable for personal use the 2.24 client

i know that this is probably a bigger project than charlie probably has time for and is probably harder than i can imagine.... but hey it was just an idea....
"When did i realize i was god? One day when i was praying i realized i was talking to myself!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>The Fool says: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is just another way of saying "Scatter your money and attention". <br><br>The Wise Man sayeth: "Put all your eggs in one basket and <span style='color:red'>-WATCH THAT BASKET-</span>!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>I put the laughter back in slaughter!
charlie
Outpost4lyfe

Post by charlie »

hrmmm actualy you gave me an idea ive been reading other sites and how they add ice bound map tiles and everything and they are hexing the client to add paks in ill look into the hero armor.. its a big let down when you only have red armor..
Girlfriends are dedicated hookers.
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

WOOPPEEE!!!!
i feel honored!!!
i gave charlie an idea!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!

(not sarcasm)
"When did i realize i was god? One day when i was praying i realized i was talking to myself!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>The Fool says: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is just another way of saying "Scatter your money and attention". <br><br>The Wise Man sayeth: "Put all your eggs in one basket and <span style='color:red'>-WATCH THAT BASKET-</span>!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>I put the laughter back in slaughter!
Shock
noob

Post by Shock »

actually guys i had the same problem on other servers

1. Wouldnt show up at all but when i double clicked in my inventory it equipped it...i couldnt drag it or anything only way to get it off was to put on another regular one
2. Only shows up red or blue

All you have to do to fix it is get 2.24 version from hbusa and just copy the sprites from there into your game folder...worked for me when i had to do it for another server....should work for you guys...let me know how it goes
bigbl
Regular

Post by bigbl »

managed to run 2.24 client on server.. but its all messed up
hero items do work tho, and have its effects when u crit
only problem is, its got a shit load of bugs...
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

yea i tried that once..... wasn't pretty.

charlie you said you had a cracked 2.95 on the main page. could you post it? or send it to me? and do you have a cracked 2.24? if so would you send/post that too?
charlie
Outpost4lyfe

Post by charlie »

yeh sure ill upload them later :> im at school right now
Girlfriends are dedicated hookers.