I Know My Problems!!!! (ROUTER)

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

Hi Guyz! I'm Back!
I haven't really been away for that long but anywayz....

ok i am behind a router and have a LAN connection with like 3-4 comps (1 is mine) and i was reading on another post that i needed to get my router to "forward the socket 6505" or sumthin like that.

now if i were to royally screw my router and have it blow up (my luck ) or open it up so ANYONE can get in, my dad would probably make me live the rest of my life in a cave without electronics.

i need to know how to do this either by a step by step guide or sum1 explaining what I have to do in Lamens terms. (I am a 14 yr old Freshman for heaven's sake) i don't know much about servers or LAN or any of that but what little i have picked up along the years and what i have learned here, and i will use it to the full extent of my knowledge.

LOOOONG message. Sry. Plz Help

Peace
"When did i realize i was god? One day when i was praying i realized i was talking to myself!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>The Fool says: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is just another way of saying "Scatter your money and attention". <br><br>The Wise Man sayeth: "Put all your eggs in one basket and <span style='color:red'>-WATCH THAT BASKET-</span>!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>I put the laughter back in slaughter!
charlie
Outpost4lyfe

Post by charlie »

What type of router is it? give me all the names on it and numbers ty.
Girlfriends are dedicated hookers.
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

ok Specs are:

Modem (don't know if ya need but it was right beside the router so..):
Surfboard SB4100 Cable Modem

Router:

EtherFast Cable / DSL Router
Model BEFSR41
Instant Broadband Series
"When did i realize i was god? One day when i was praying i realized i was talking to myself!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>The Fool says: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" which is just another way of saying "Scatter your money and attention". <br><br>The Wise Man sayeth: "Put all your eggs in one basket and <span style='color:red'>-WATCH THAT BASKET-</span>!"<br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>I put the laughter back in slaughter!
Cambo
Regular

Post by Cambo »

bump
Shock
noob

Post by Shock »

Yes plz, could someone tell me how i can make it so my router forwards port 6502 to my IP address??? My networking teacher doesnt know shit lol so i have to get help from you guys. Anyone know how i would do this?
charlie
Outpost4lyfe

Post by charlie »

Well it depends on the router... Not all routers allow you to forward ports i think only expensive ones do..
Girlfriends are dedicated hookers.
Shock
noob

Post by Shock »

I have an expensive dsl router....do you know how you would forward data out the port??
Koddo
noob

Post by Koddo »

there should be an option that says port forwarding, just input the port # and where it says ip change it to the ip of your comp