Server side and Client side

Discussion on Helbreath Hacks. New ones Released. and how to work them.
silver
noob

Post by silver »

Hi.

Been playing around with ollydbg and t-search for awhile now.
Doing some banal stuff from following your tutorials, it works just fine.
But one thing beats me, since fullswing is client side, shouldn't berzerk and invisibility be client side too?

I managed to lock down so my character looks like he's always berzerked and invisible, but it doesn't help. So now to my question,

What effects is client side, and what effects is server side?
Is there a general rule I can apply?
kmatt02

Post by kmatt02 »

Effects, meaning specialfx on your screen have nothing to do with the server.

Take your HP Guage for example. The amount of mana you have is indicated on your guage. This is an effect. You could have your mana guage show 320940 mp, when you actually have 36 or something.

It's kinda obvious which things are clientside and which are server side. Think of something you really wanna do...hmm lets say you want creatures to give you 5398185exp. That's going to be server side.
silver
noob

Post by silver »

Is there a possibility to edit the outgoing packages to get the server to respond in certain ways then?
shandriz
<3 bd long time

Post by shandriz »

I've been working on that for about a month now. As of yet i havn't come up with anything. There is usually a pattern in packets to look for, but I can't see any yet. Either the koreans are really smart or they just made something radom due to laziness.

If anyone wants to try their hand at it then be my guest. I have been working with packet sending and editing for about 5 years now and I can't see a thing.
Kinky
Loyal fan

Post by Kinky »

shandriz wrote: I've been working on that for about a month now. As of yet i havn't come up with anything. There is usually a pattern in packets to look for, but I can't see any yet. Either the koreans are really smart or they just made something radom due to laziness.

If anyone wants to try their hand at it then be my guest. I have been working with packet sending and editing for about 5 years now and I can't see a thing.
Koreans and smart dont go together. They just got lucky due to laziness.

What program have u been using??
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><b><a href='http://www.stickdeath.com/killbox.html' target='_blank'>Look at this :p</a></b> </span></span><br><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><b><a href='http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com' target='_blank'>and this</a></b> </span></span>
silver
noob

Post by silver »

This was harder than I thought, I can't seem to find a pattern in the packades sent/recived at all :( To much "background noice"
shandriz
&lt;3 bd long time

Post by shandriz »

silver wrote: This was harder than I thought, I can't seem to find a pattern in the packades sent/recived at all :( To much "background noice"
Well, pattern searching is just the technique that I use. There are several different ways to go about packet editing and such. A few others are called: general scrapping, MoTgc (no idea what it means), and basis analysis.