SWEEEEET! It works!

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
Wicky
noob

Post by Wicky »

:lol: YES!
I Just want to thank everyone on this forum for all the posts first, I have had about 4-6 years or more running (Quake 2, Quake 3, Unreal T/2k3) dedicated servers from scripts and batch files. B) So within about 3 hours of monkeying around and reading all the posts on this forum I got mine running yesterday.

To anyone who is haveing troubles, really read thru most of the posts on this forum the answers have already been posted to most of your questions I'm sure. <_< If it's your first time running a server I really do understand how complicated it looks. :blink:

I would like to join in your conversations about all things helbreath! I dont really plan on running a PUBLIC server so dont ask for accounts please... only running it for a few people I know in my area to toy with.

Got this thing working yesterday :D
Thanks all
There is no spoon!!!
noob

Post by Newbie »

Yo can you help me with my server? i really need help bad...you can talk to me on MSN (xn00biex@hotmail.com) or aim (cwckunal) ty!
Wicky
noob

Post by Wicky »

:huh: Maybe!?! it depends on the problem...

also in reply to Newbie "I am not a very good teacher"

There is alot of things that can go wrong I'm sure and I dont know all of them. :o Alot of errors might depend on your operating system (Linux,Win95,Win98,Win98SE,Win2k,Win2kserver,WinXP?) and how familiar you are with editing .cfg files and Hex editing .exe files.

So you probably won't want guidance from me, I'm just used to doing things the way I do things. I am running the (Server) on one computer dedicated to it, and (Joining the game) on a different computer on my LAN. B) I have about 6-7 computers around the house, doing different things. Also like I said before all the answers are right here and have already been posted on this forum.

Feel free to post a specific question, maybe I can help maybe not

GOOD LUCK ;)
There is no spoon!!!
bigbl
Regular

Post by bigbl »

shit man, u running some server company from home??
6-7 comps!!
noob

Post by Newbie »

MLS socket error happens to me- but my servers always say loaded. so my problem is the stupid socket thingy which wont let me log on. Please talk to me on Instant messenge me on aol instant messenger my screen name is CWCKUnal. Or on MSN messenger on xn00biex@hotmail.com thanks!
Wicky
noob

Post by Wicky »

MLS socket error? Sorry I never got that error :unsure:

It might be that when attempting to load-up it didn't get your correct IP address. Very important inorder to set the port that it be an actual IP address your computer KNOWS to set the port correctly to broadcast your game. hm , did that sound right? <_<

Anyway be sure that you put YOUR IP onto the 4 .cfg files

If you are not sure what your IP is you can check really quick by going to this link

<a href='https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2' target='_blank'>https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2</a>
There is no spoon!!!
noob

Post by Newbie »

i have the correct IP jus stupid fuckin thiing wont work