Can't Connect To Database

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
asdfd
Regular

Post by asdfd »

Alright, I got the DBs setup finally, after redoing everything.
I'd appreciate if someone overlooked this to see if anythings wrong.
This is a SS of my system DSN, I think something is wrong here, because my main and world logs aren't connecting to DB.. also.. i already added that shot and gizon upgrade stuff to my tables.
Is there supposed to be only 3 ops there? char account and the db? or should there be 2 SQL Server options? Everythings set on local and my user is "sa", my password is 10 letters long, I think that this could be the problem as well.. maybe I didn't do the passwords right, using hex workshop.. I just highlighted each letter from the old password and replaced it with each letter of my new one. EG: old pass in ml and wl are : K.O.R.E.A.N, I highlighted each single letter and directly put in a new one so it would be "b.l.a.h.b.l.a". Should I take out the .s? I'd appreciate it if someone could show me what im doing wrong or give their opinions. ;) thanks.
Stik

Post by Stik »

Your setup looks ok,yes just the account character and server in the odbc.

Dunno where you got K.O.R.E.A.N as the password in ML and WL
Mine was as shown here
asdfd
Regular

Post by asdfd »

it was just an example.. but urs is just like mine.. i dont know how to set the pw up.. so i leave the SQL_ part in there or what? maybe you could make my pws for me on msn.. im just testing things atm anyways.
asdfd
Regular

Post by asdfd »

<a href='http://img256.echo.cx/img256/5401/asdf1od.jpg' target='_blank'>http://img256.echo.cx/img256/5401/asdf1od.jpg</a>
thats my ml
anyone know why my ml and wls arent connecting? :( also, how do i make an account?
Stik

Post by Stik »

S Q L _ a x s z d c < replace each letter with your own password from the S to the : note the spaces are 00 on the hex side not 20.
you could shorten the password if you wish terminate it with a : then fill the remainder with 00 (hex) upto the original :

all the info gained so far is in the pinned topic DB SQL FORMAT above
asdfd
Regular

Post by asdfd »

I put the same pass in my ml and wl as my sql pass.. it still isnt working.. its like when u just download the files and dont do anything.. i open gate.. and it works.. then I goto ML and it doesnt connect.. i try WL and it doesnt connect.. I click the HG and it atleast does something.. does anyone have a clue what could me wrong? I have the MSSQL thing running.. what's wrong?
asdfd
Regular

Post by asdfd »

For what it's worth.. heres a ss of my db settings.. its set to have ws1 as default.. not mainlog.. does this make any difference? the guide said do main log then ws1.. but you can't have 2.. does this make any difference?
Heres my sql dump.
Stik

Post by Stik »

i had another look in my odbc
the account and character should say SQL SERVER in the driver section same as the localserver

When you clicked on add you haven't scrolled down the bottom of the list and selected SQL SERVER then click "next" (not finish)
asdfd
Regular

Post by asdfd »

Add megaseal136@gmail.com to msn if you have it please:P it'd be quicker there.. and i really appreciate everyones help
EDIT: Problem Solved.