Server Help

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

Ok ive been here before about my router but new comp now....so i do all my files and config and activate them all...ok when i edit the client with my ip and then save it and then try and open it...it says something about not a valid Win32 application but it is a .exe file....also i was just gonna try and open an unedited client to see what happens and when i do the screen turns black and nothing ever comes up...all firewalls and everything is off and ive checked all ip's and its sumthin with the client...if someone is nice enuff to give me sum help or i give u my ip n u create client...

EDIT: Black screen fixed now...but still need help with other problem
blackfury
noob

Post by blackfury »

Duh!, you changed Client size, i think your ip was shorter than the defualt one in the cllient, so you deleted what wasn't needed, download a new client, change the IP and if there is more space for your IP, go to the Hex Side, and replace for 00 every number you don't need.
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

did that and now it says "the parameter is incorrect"

EDIT: Ive edited alot of files and on my Settings.cfg i edited all that info and now when i try get on HGServer it starts doing this
Gate-socket connection counting...1, 2, 3, 4, ect....also i looked up above it and says something about "Notify Message list not found" dont know if any of that helps but it was activating earlier until i change the values in settings to the way i wanted them...by way i changed ek, raid, skill, and stat
If any can help with that i wanted a 312lvl 500stat server
Also i might have fixed the previous posted problem but you can still give me help on it...
blackfury
noob

Post by blackfury »

Got any firewall?..if you do i recommend you deactivate it... my firewallcaused the same thing to my HG Server...
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

i deactivated it and still the countdown....is there a way you dont have to change the settings...but still change max lvl n stuff for the server...b/c it works without setting change but like 200 lvl n ect...

EDIT: Ill make that clearer to understand....is there a code in the client that i can change to set max lvl...so that way i dont have to mess with the Settings.cfg
By the way im using Drk, KANE...ect. files
blackfury
noob

Post by blackfury »

why don' tu use hypno's last HG ver 3.01 ??
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

Easier to config? or works better or whats the diff....is it at HBSS or where? ill try it...lemme know
Stik

Post by Stik »

I had this problem when i got 2.24c files.
Make sure the Noticement.txt and notice.txt are in your server main directory
Examine the adminevents.log in the gamelogs folder of the server your trying to start (ieElvine) this may give you an insite as to where the problem is.
Can you post a copy of your settings

With these new server files you'r going to have to learn all about sql databases
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

ok im not on my server comp but i have a copy of all the files..

[SETTINGS]

enemy-kill-mode = DEATHMATCH
enemy-kill-adjust = 10
primary-drop-rate = 1000
secondary-drop-rate = 850
admin-security = ON
rare-drop-rate = 25
jail-mode = ON
monday-raid-time = 60
tuesday-raid-time = 60
wednesday-raid-time = 60
thursday-raid-time = 60
friday-raid-time = 60
saturday-raid-time = 60
sunday-raid-time = 60
farm-mode = ON
neutral-creatures = ON
log-chat-settings = ALL
slate-success-rate = 25
character-stat-limit = 500
rep-drop-modifier = 5
character-skill-limit = 2500
admin-security-code = 2867156
max-player-level = 312

ummm yea and im sure i have 2 diff notice. so ill try to make them same n see n ill check my logs....basically all i want is a lvl312 Stat500 server with maps Ares, Elvine, Maze,Abba,BField and Farm....any suggestions on which files to use im open to all or if i should just continue to use these files...and when i say which files i mean the server files and client.....right now im using Drk files with 3.51 Client....and if u have suggestions on which files tell me the url..thx
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

Yes server is still not working and my logs told me nothing....im going to do one of two things now i am going to redo all of that server....and if that doesnt work im just going to go back to an older server b/c i know the files will work most likely b/c i ran them on my old comp....if anyone wants to help fubu_boy79@hotmail.com
Stik

Post by Stik »

If you want a copy of my working 224c server files you can get them here
<a href='http://magestik.no-ip.org/' target='_blank'>http://magestik.no-ip.org/</a> just replace all the IPaddresses in the configs with your IP and it should work.Its set for max lvl 275 max stats 300
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

Nice. :) THX by the way whuts exp rate...drop ect...
Stik

Post by Stik »

you will probably need to set the expmin expmax values in the npc.cfg file

primary secondary and special drop rates are set in the settings.cfg
lower the number = more chance of drop
you can get php scripts here <a href='http://www.hb.magsec4.net/' target='_blank'>http://www.hb.magsec4.net/</a>
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

thx
Ather~
Regular

Post by Ather~ »

(2005: 5:25:15:11) - (!!!) CRITICAL ERROR! Cannot execute server! settings file contents error!
(2005: 5:25:15:11) - (!!!) STOPPED!

A lil help plz...its loads my maps contents ect...n then says that in HGServer