SERVER 3.51 BEHIND A ROUTER PLZ HELP ME

Discussion about Helbreath Server Files.
ginopopo
noob

Post by ginopopo »

Hi, id like to know if somebody can help me seting up my server behind a router (all hb ports already opened) . because of my router i got my internal ip and external too. I dlike to know where in the .CFG files i should put the internal one and the external one in order to host my server properly. I almost config them corectly but there must be a place where the ip is bad ... i edited the .exe with the external ip, i send it to my friend he can connect on his account , but whcreate a character en he try to login ( on beginners zone which is up) it says Connected Waiting for response and nothing else. I can connect and login but not him. Everything works weel except that my friend still cant connect.. plz help me if you know what to do or if you have a suggestion... Thank you
JaSoN_xXx
noob

Post by JaSoN_xXx »

If u use Windows XP, go to "Start", "Run" and type "ipconfig /release" (without ""). This will cancel your Lan Ip, so you now will be connect with your Wan Ip (external ip)... When you Turn off your pc, your Lan Ip will back.. :P
By: Platomick

Try make it, with me works! :lol:
ginopopo
noob

Post by ginopopo »

Thx for answering me but when i do it it just kills my internet conection :( thx anyway! :D
ginopopo
noob

Post by ginopopo »

Oh ... forgot to ask you something, what ip do you put in your .cfg files?? lan or wan??