is there a notify message to update contrib?

All Helbreath Server Source Discussion here.
xenx

Post by xenx »

guys is there a notify message to update contribution?
i tried : SendNotifyMsg(NULL, iClientH, DEF_NOTIFY_QUESTREWARD, m_pClientList[iClientH]->m_iContribution, NULL, NULL, NULL);

but that just crashes, anyone know if theres a DEF_NOTIFY that works for updating contribution?

oh and also while im asking, is there a way to get the client to play a sound from the HGServer without coding a new sound event in the client itself, any sound will do, the level up wohoo sound or something will do nicely. or does that HAVE to be done client side?
Jensen
Loyal fan

Post by Jensen »

offhand id say the questreward is for when you actually complete a quest like kill X monsters on this map

and from a quick glance I don't see any notifies that update just contribution.

the only places where it gets re-sent to the client is in RequestTeleportHandler, and RequestInitDataHandler

If you really need it id would code a new small one quickly, shouldnt take long.

as for the sounds they are all done in the client, unless, again you add some new send sound message to server and client
-><-
xenx

Post by xenx »

ya thats what i thought cheers m8, it was only for a very minor bug fix, and i wanted the level up sound when u open a pandora with an item in (can do that one client side)
ADDKiD
&lt;3 bd long time

Post by ADDKiD »

That kinda sounds cool, but I always play with Sound off =). Hope you get it to work...